Saturday, June 04, 2005

Today was a good but long day. I started volunteering at the hospital today. It felt really good to be back amonst familiar territory. I have a partner named Norm, he has Alzheimer's too, so we make a pretty good team. We lead each other around and assist the patients with simple stuff like their menus and make coffee and stuff like that. Nothing exciting but it keeps us active as well as gives our spouses alittle space of their own. I only worked 5 hours but it really wore me out, I took a nap when I got home. Also I took the CD's of my new book to Rebecca at the Chapter because I could not open it. She checked it and is proofing it for me as everything was there. I told Dave there were no words to it and he swore up and down there was......................it was me the operator. Patty the Director of our Chapter aske Allen and I to be on the Memory Walk Committee so that is our next project to work on. I am also gathering stuff to have a yardsale and ALL proceeds will benefit the Chapter. It feels so good to be apart of all of the stuff and know that I am helping others. I had lunch with Judee at the hospital. She use to be the Outreach Coordinator in our Chapter and still is in my mind. I enjoy the time that we have to talk. Today we have a support group meeting and I guess we will go as it benefits Allen. We are suppose to have a new group leader so I'll givem another chance. Kinda cloudy out looks like rain. Guess that's all for now.
Take care & God Bless! Tracy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home